Wednesday, July 29, 2009

As my last summer semester ends....

As my last summer semester ends as a student I find my self excited for the future today. I really LOVE teaching students in my KB classes at UCF and Valencia. I had a great class this morning and tried out a new way to do a lecture. We played a game show and had teams. I think they really liked the change of pace! I find myself really enjoying how the students seem to be interested in fitness and health and ask questions after class. As they tell me about their change in patterns, diet, or even thought process it makes me so happy to know I am helping share my passion for the industry! I remember how I was when I forst got into a healthy life, I was so excited and wanting more! I am also going to start to share some workouts on this blog so I can share my philosophies for training as well. Here is the first one:)
Cardio Interval -
Warm up walk brisk 5min
jogging for 10 min straight, at the ten min mark start to preform 8 counts of high knees and butt kicks of each. do this for one minute total
after this (you WILL be sweaty!)
go into a 30 sec all out sprint. This will def dip into your anaerobic system and increase your vo2.
take a 5 min brisk walk and repeat this 2 more times.
end the workout with a walk and stretches while breathing deaply and calmly. I like to try and make play lists on my ipod to help me in these type of workout. Pick a techno fast song for the anaerobic sections and something like a black eyed peas for the running parts.
for the cool down i like the fray:) and jason mraz....
hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. we love learning from you! I'm really sad this semester is drawing to a close, I learned so much in your class.

    hmm...i'm going to try this interval workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you and your emotions! Without 'em you wouldn't be you (passionate and energetic!)

    Glad we could get through another rough semester together, without ya I'd have quit by now. Don't grade your students too hard next week =P

    ReplyDelete